Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 4, 2012

HubPages Article: 10 Great Restaurants In Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2012

This April, Jon and I traveled to Lagos, Nigeria, but stopped in Amsterdam for a few days on the way there and back. My serious recommendation? If you have a long flight and the layover is in an interesting place, spend at least a night there and break up the trip. Instead of doing 15 hour flights with breaks in the airport, we took four shorter flights with short stays in Amsterdam -- and it was so worth it. When we traveled to Australia (20 hours) and from Greece to JFK (12 hours after a 5 hour boat ride), I wanted to kill everyone who was in my way because I was so grubby and tired. But this time, I left the plane feeling refreshed and ready to go! Anyway, I loved Amsterdam. Adored it. I wanted to marry this city and have its babies. Friends have asked why I loved it so much and it's a little difficult to put into words. It's beautiful, sure, but we've visited many beautiful places. I think I just liked the laid back, tolerant feel and the sense that I was at... home. Sometimes a place will hit you like that and Amsterdam did that for me. I'll go into more Amsterdam details later on in this blog, but one of the things I enjoyed was the food. Dutch food gets a bad rap, but I like hearty comfort-type food. I also love Indonesian, of which there is a lot there. I felt almost overwhelmed by the restaurant choices in the city, but this article on HubPages highlights 10 really good ones. So get thee to Amsterdam -- and bring a healthy appetite!
To read about more of my adventures, check out my jewelry blog at Naomi's Designs.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am so excited that I have located your post, I stumbled over here coming from a different website and thought I might as well check things out. I sometimes got long flight well on this blog I got great information here. like what I see so now i’m following you. :)

    ReplyDelete